Hiking at Sugar Moon Farm
Sugar Moon is the perfect hiking destination. You’ll find easy access to over 30 km of wilderness trails right in our neighborhood. Preorder some take-out from our restaurant, pick up some maple treats to take home and head out to explore the area around us. These trails are great to hike year round!
Rogart Mountain Trail
One of our favourites is the Rogart Mountain Trail, a 6.2 km loop that begins and ends in our parking lot. It’s a great trail to start with - you can always go in a bit and come back. Allow 1.5 to 3 hours to hike the entire rugged and often steep trail. Explore it year round!
- Dogs must be on leash at all times - bring poop bags, pick up after your dog and pack out any waste (no bins provided on site for disposal)
- The trails cross both public and private land; travel with respect and leave no trace
- Wear proper footwear
- Dress in layers - the weather can change quickly
- Pack snacks or stop in to our restaurant before heading out
- Bring water - we do not have bottled water at our restaurant
- Know your fitness level and stay within it
30+ km of trails
Gully Lake Wilderness Area
Looking for a new trail? The Cobequid Eco-Trails Society has created a trail network that includes the Rogart Mountain Trail and another 25 km within the Gully Lake Wilderness Area just down the road from us. This hard-working group of volunteers maintains all the trails.