OPEN Easter Weekend! Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon 9 to 5
Top Tips for Visiting Sugar Moon Farm
in the Sugar Season
1. Try to come on a Friday if you can! If coming on Saturday or Sunday, come close to opening (9:00 am) or after 2:00 pm. Otherwise there can be a wait for a table. It's the Sugar Season! On a sunny day in March and April it can be very busy! The rest of the year is calmer.
2. Check in with the host outside as soon as you arrive. They are usually just outside the door with a clipboard.
3. If you've got mobility issues or small children/infants in your group, tell the hostess. You can drop your guests closer to the building while you go park. And we reserve some space inside weather for sitting + breastfeeding . Just know that it's much quieter on Fridays; this might be a better option for very elderly + more vulnerable visitors.
4. Dress for winter! We're usually snowier than anywhere else and we've got great trails to snowshoe or hike. And if it's a nice day, and we're boiling, there may be a wait for a table - being dressed for outside is key!
5. Plan on going for a woods hike. You don't want to miss this part of your experience. Ask staff about the great trails. Check TRAIL CONDITIONS. Know the trails before you set out - it is easy to get lost in the woods. Ask staff for assistance. Read about the trails in the "sugar season hand book" on site.
6. Have a dog? We are a working farm with livestock protection dogs and electric fences. Remember that...
READ OUR FAQ PAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT SUGAR SEASON VISITS!