7 tips for Visiting on Heritage Day
Monday February 17
1. When you're heading up to Sugar Moon this time of year, it's a good idea to call first before leaving to make sure we are plowed and open - winter weather can be very different up here in the Cobequids.
2. As soon as you arrive, give your name to the HOST if you want to eat in the dining room. Right away. Then you can take off and explore. They will put your name on a list if there is a wait. You won’t lose your spot. We don’t take reservations - however, we are offering limited availability that day for our MAPLE MAGIC PACKAGE - a prepaid, reserved package at 10 am only. This requires booking and paying ahead HERE.
3. Dress warmly, bring snacks! There will probably be a wait for a table in the dining room. We have very little outdoor waiting space! Snowsuits, mittens, boots, extra socks - all of it. We have LOTS of snow this weekend. We do reserve a bit of space inside for nursing moms and young children.
4. Look for our beautiful children’s books,. When you get into the restaurant, ask about the Kids' Book Bin so that you can read books about pancakes and maple syrup while you're waiting for your food.
5. Go for a hike. Be sure to bring snowshoes if you have them. We also rent them on site. The Rogart Mtn Trail is lovely - it leaves from our parking lot. DON'T plan on doing the whole thing cause it's a serious 6.2 km and gains a lot of elevation. You can always go in a ways, play in the snow and come back.
6. Dogs? We always encourage visitors to leave their dogs at home - Sugar Moon is a working farm with a livestock protection dog, a horse + electric fences. We love dogs BUT there are strict rules about them visiting our farm: