Tour Guide / Host / Sales Assistant
Sugar Moon Farm, an award-winning family owner maple syrup farm and restaurant in Earltown, Nova Scotia, is searching for a passionate, hard-working and customer-oriented person to join their
team as a Tour Guide, Host and Sales Assistant. The position involves fulfilling a variety of responsibilities such as leading educational tours to guests, providing outstanding customer services
as a front line host, as well as providing cashier and retail support. Interested candidates must demonstrate an interest in small farming and/or outdoor education, a commitment to providing
outstanding customer service, and a passion for food.
Start Date: May 10, 2018
Hours: 25-30 hours/week in May/June; 35-40 hours/week July 1-Sept 3; 25-30 hours/week the rest of the year. Weekends and holiday availability required.
This position is suitable for a student returning to study in September, but preference will be given to those candidates who are look for a year round position.
Wage: $12-$15/hour based on experience and performance (plus tips - all staff share tips equally)
- Provide guided sugar camp tours that are accurate, engaging, and responsive to customer needs and interests
- Understand and communicate historical and cultural significance of the site to visitors
- Monitor the building, displays and artifacts
- Control and maintain public traffic at Sugar Moon through the interpretive room, sugar camp and hiking trails
- Greet the guests at Sugar Moon
- Provide information about the directions to local tourism attractions and partners
- Assist guests with information about trails
- Operate a cash register system to enter transactions and all related paperwork
- Assist customers with retail merchandise and purchases
- Ensure display units in store and retail area are stocked and organized
- Assisting the dining room and kitchen team as required
- Assists with various cleaning duties
- Have a friendly personality and strong desire to meet and get to know people
- Show enthusiasm and energy
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership and self-confidence (ability to lead and take charge)
- Willingness to go above and beyond for guests
- Public speaking skills
- Ability to follow procedures
- Experience working in a team
- Ability to multitask and manage time efficiently
- Be willing to work within a proven model with the Sugar Moon team
- Have reliable transportation
- Be in good physical condition: able to lift 50 pounds, able to be on your feet for 8-10 hours, ability to comfortably hike the local trails in order to gain familiarity
- Experience in the following areas are considered assets:
- outdoor education, environmental interpreation
- restauraunts, retail, tourism and hospitality
- Northern Nova Scotia tourism
- wilderness trail hiking and the local trail networks
If you have these skills and would like to join the Sugar Moon Farm team, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Tour Guide/Host in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, April 27, at 5pm. Applicants who do not submit a cover letter will not be accepted. We welcome applications from all
qualified applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contact.