Tour Guide / Host / Sales Assistant
Sugar Moon Farm, an award-winning family owned maple syrup farm and restaurant in Earltown, Nova Scotia is searching for a passionate, hard-working and customer-oriented person to join their team as a Tour Guide, Host and Sales Assistant.
The position involves fulfilling a variety of responsibilities such as leading educational tours to guests, providing outstanding customer service as a front line host, as well as providing cashier and retail support.
Interested candidates must demonstrate an interest in small farming and/or outdoor education, a commitment to providing outstanding customer service, and a passion for food.
Start date: ASAP
Hours: 35-40 hours/week in July+August+February+March+April. 25-30 hours/week the rest of the year. Weekends and holiday availability required.
Wage: starting at $12.00/hour plus tips. (All Sugar Moon staff share tips equally.)
· Provide guided sugar camp tours that are accurate, engaging, and responsive to customer needs and interests
· Understand and communicate the historical and cultural significance of the site to visitors
· Monitor the building, displays, and artifacts
· Control and maintain public traffic at Sugar Moon through the interpretive room, sugar camp and hiking trails
· Greet the guests at Sugar Moon
· Provide information about and directions to local tourism attractions and partners
· Assist guests with information about trails
· Operate a cash register system to enter transactions and all related paperwork.
· Assist customers with retail merchandise and purchases.
· Ensures display units in store and retail area are stocked and organized.
· Assisting the dining room and kitchen team as required.
· Assists with various cleaning duties.
· Have a friendly personality and strong desire to meet and get to know people.
· Show enthusiasm and energy.
· Demonstrate excellent communication skills
· Willingness to go above and beyond for guests
· Public speaking skills
· Demonstrated leadership and self-confidence (ability to lead and take charge when necessary)
· Ability to follow procedures
· Experience working in a team
· Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently
· Be willing to work within a proven model with the Sugar Moon Team .
· Have reliable transportation.
· Be in good physical condition.
· Experience in restaurants, tourism or hospitality, as well as familiarity with trails around Sugar Moon Farm and Northern Nova Scotia tourism is an asset.
If you have these skills and would like to join the Sugar Moon Farm Team please send a CV and cover letter to info[at]sugarmoon.ca with Tour Guide/Host in the subject line. We will be reviewing candidates on a rolling basis.